Pacific Rim Objective Measurement Society (PROMS)
The principle aims of PROMS (the society) are to:
- Encourage the pursuit of Rasch measurement in the Pacific region and its application in the fields of Business, Counselling, Economics, Education, Health Care, Language, Measurement, Psychology, Quality Assurance, Statistics and Strategic Planning
- Advocate measurement practice that contributes to individual, community and societal well-being, and the public good, in the Pacific region
- Raise the visibility and status of Rasch measurement in the Pacific region.
These aims are to be accomplished through:
- Establishing a Pacific region network of researchers and scholars in order to foster cooperative and collaborative relationships
- Holding an annual meeting—the Pacific Rim Objective Measurement Symposium
- Providing workshops and training
- Engaging in such other activities as might facilitate the development of research, policy and practice in Rasch measurement.
Pacific Rim Objective Measurement Symposium (PROMS)
PROMS (the symposium) is an annual non-governmental professional meeting established to promote objective measurement and contribute to the research and development of Rasch measurement in the Pacific Rim. It is an annual symposium aiming to provide a forum for the sharing of new knowledge with the international community. Rasch measurement workshops are usually attached to PROMS meetings.
Previous PROMS Conferences have been held in:
- Malaysia (2005, 2010, 2017)
- Hong Kong (2006, 2009)
- Taiwan (2007, 2013)
- Japan (2008, 2015)
- Singapore (2011)
- China (2012, 2014, 2016, 2018)
PROMS 2019 will be held in Surabaya, Indonesia, from August 25 – 30!